Monday, July 20, 2009

more positives


When we first got Zipporah, I was simply called "engee". In Ethiopia, the locals call white people "ferengees". (I am sure I did not spell that right) Zipporah had obviously been hearing that all her short life so that is what we were. Well, I graduated to Ma-Amaye. Half English and half Amharic. Sometimes she even calls me "mom". Yeah!!!
She is also no longer petrified of the dogs. As seen in the picture, she loves to give our mastiff, Ellie, kisses. We are still working on not being too rough with her though. (Zipporah with Ellie!)

4 comments:

Eastiopians said...

Awwww! Ma-Amaye is SOOO sweet! :)

Theresa

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Awwwww. So sweet! Our little one was petrified for several weeks of our small indoor dog and indoor cat. It was crazy!

Amber Weiseth said...

That is amazingly sweet! Love seeing your pictures.

Maria and Family said...

What a beautiful child she is. and i love her kissing your pup...very sweet :)