Wednesday, July 8, 2009

June 30, 2009






Tuesday in Ethiopia...today was shopping day. After breakfast we brought the kiddos back to HH since the locals do not like to see frengies (white people) with Ethiopian kids. Zipporah was not so thrilled about going back after being with us for the night. She would not look at me and acted very mad. So, off we went, to return after their naps. After a rough and treacherous ride thru the streets of Ethiopia, we arrived at the market. We had an hour and a half to do our shopping. Talk about crazy. It was a marathon shop and we still wish we would have gotten a few more things - we left with 6 bags of stuff. It was fun though. We all loaded on the bus and went to an Italian restaurant with some incredible paintings for sale - too pricey for us. Ethiopian time is not our time...the food took over 2 hours to get - and not everyone got it at the same time. Oh well! We took the bus back to the Union, deposited our loot and went back to HH to get our kiddos. As soon as Zipporah saw me she ran to me with open arms - no longer mad I guess. We relaxed the rest of the day and let the kids play together while we had dinner at the Union again. Jeff snapped a lot of pictures today of what the poverty is really like..devastating.

3 comments:

Maria and Family said...

Oh my word is she just beautiful !! I love all your pictures, Ethiopia is just amazing and the kids...wow. I am so happy your little one is settling in so well. These kids are just amazing :) congrats!!!

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

So glad your little one forgave you so quickly! Love the pics

Eastiopians said...

Everyone mentions those paintings...I want one so badly, but why are they so pricey? And how pricey? Will you email me when you get a chance...
theresaeast1@yahoo.com

I really love all of your updates! The pictures are wonderful and heartbreaking.

Theresa