Thursday, July 16, 2009

July 16, 2009

Well, we are well into week two at home and you wonder how it is going?....After about a week of spending an hour each night in Zipporah's room rocking her to sleep I had about had it. I have 2 other kids that need me and I felt like I was neglecting them. So, my recovered from jet lag brain had an ingenious moment. She had shared a room with 4 other kids at HH! She is afraid to be alone at night - Duh! So Reese agreed to move her bed into Z's room and WaLa, not another peep. I can lay her down and walk away. No mental facility for me - yet!

She is a very picky eater and I am still working on finding things that she will eat. No fruit but bananas, but loves eggs, oatmeal, nutrigrain bars, and spaghettios. She loves her milk too. I guess I will just continue to experiment and maybe she'll just realize there is no injera here and she should just give it up and eat?

2 comments:

"Are These Kids All Yours?" said...

Hmmm....makes sense. Hang in there! It took our little one 3-4 months to start eating normal foods. He mostly drank Boost so at least he would have something as well as whole milk.

Jen. P said...

Try uncooked carrots, hard boiled eggs, or baked potatoes with salt and a little bit of butter. The girls both love them. Hanna has had a hard time too with food to say the least. They also love pita bread, as well as top ramen and peanut butter and jelly sandwiches (no jelly for Hanna). Mac and cheese with berbere was also a success. Good luck! Glad to hear she is doing well. Meron and Hanna say hi and love seeing her picture on your blog.

Jennifer