Tuesday, July 7, 2009

July 7, 2009




Zipporah is still doing great. All the new things in her life are amazing her...ice makes her giggle, a drinking fountain takes her breath away, and what can I say about the refrigerator? She just keeps opening it and staring, like she cannot believe what she is seeing. Her first lake experience proved that she has no fear - within an hour she was putting her face under. I am going to have to get her a good life jacket! And she is still unfazed by the car seat. Such a contrast to Reese.

I miss Ethiopia and the joy of all the children. As much as the plane ride was awful, I would travel it again. If not simply to experience the contrast to my own life. The extreme poverty is such an eye opener. But the people are absolutely beautiful!

2 comments:

Amber Weiseth said...

love the pics! How are you guys? We are doing well. I am recovered and Andrew is as well. (He got sick 2 nights ago). Levi is getting more and more comfortable with us. Bigger smiles, closer cuddles. Miss you guys!- Amber

David and Larisa said...

Hey Merideth! So glad that Zipporah is doing so well. I felt bad that we didn't really even get to say goodbye to you, but as you know, Friday was a pretty horrid day! We're doing great too, now that we're home. It's great to see the pictures of your first meeting - you have a beautiful family.
Love,Larisa