Wednesday, April 8, 2009

April 8, 2009

We have our referral !!!!! I had worked Monday night and when I woke up on Tuesday there was a message from our case worker, Julie. She was very vague and just stated that there was something that she wanted to talk to us about. I just knew it was "the call"! I called her back but because she is 3 hours behind us, she was at lunch. I waited a painful hour before I heard back from her. Julie said that she had a little girl for us to consider and that she was a little older than we had requested...she is 25 months. I didn't care...I knew this was the child God had for us. Her name in Ethiopia is Kenean. She was born February 19, 2007. Her mother has given her up because she is HIV positive and has no income. Her father passed away from an unknown disease the August before she was born. She is absolutely adorable! We have been given tons of pictures of her and even some with her birth mom. The other Ethiopian case worker from AGCI was in Ethiopia when Kenean came to Hannah's Hope on March 30. Our biggest prayer now is that we are able to travel to get her yet this summer. I am waiting to hear back from an international pediatrician about her medical records (they look good to me) and should get our referral package in the mail tomorrow.
I cannot believe that we waited almost a year for her referral! I cannot wait to kiss her little face.

1 comment:

Eastiopians said...

I loved going back to read your adoption story. It just warms my heart!!! I am so happy for you all!

Theresa