Saturday, May 31, 2008

May 31, 2008

Where do I begin...we had our 1st visit for our home study today with Deb. She met with myself, Kendall and Reese. She will meet with Jeff alone next week and then us together at the same visit. Then she will write up the home study, get it notarized and the paperwork is finished!! I gave her all of our home study papers today with the exception of Jeff's medical. She will get that next week. All our paperwork is done for the dossier too. I just need to send in the I600A form so that we can get our fingerprint date and FDL (favorable determination letter). That is usually sent in with the home study but AGCI suggested submitting it without and sending a letter saying that it will follow within a few weeks. The worst they can do is say we have to wait until the home study is complete!
Onward and upward... Even though our paperwork was set back a couple weeks with the passing of Jeff's mom, it still feels like it was easy and quick. I wish Wanda would have been able to meet our little fro baby.

(I am told that a lot of the kids are in an orphanage and when our paperwork is approved in Ethiopia, Hannah's Hope staff work with the orphanages to find a child that is a good match for us. The child than comes to stay at Hannah's Hope until we come to get her!)

No comments: